If you’re reading this, it’s likely that you care for someone who is nearing the end of their life. You may be trying to come to terms with what’s happening, or perhaps you’ve already accepted it and are looking for ways to help your loved one feel more comfortable.
This is a difficult time, but know that you are not alone. We here at Solano Care want to help make this transition as smooth and easy as possible for both of you, so we’ve put together some tips on how best to support your loved one through the end-of-life process:
- Be there for them. Your loved one may need your help with personal care or support around their treatment plan.
- Make sure they are comfortable in their current environment.
- Ask them if there’s anything they’d like (music, books) that might make them smile.
- Help them make decisions about their end-of-life wishes and needs (if they’re able).
- If your loved one has been ill for an extended period, make sure they have access to our hospice care services in Vallejo, California, so that they can receive any treatment or medications that could help ease their pain or discomfort.
Our trained professionals will work with you and your loved one to develop an individualized plan that suits each person’s needs and situation.
We also offer caregiver training to help those caring for an ill loved one or friend feel more confident in their role.